Any Travel Money NZ store can help you organise your Multi-currency Cash Passport™, show you how to pre-load it and how to use it while you're overseas.
You will need to present two forms of photo ID, such as your New Zealand passport and drivers license (or a bank statement or bill).
Already have a Cash Passport?
Login to your account to check your balance, view your transaction history, reload your card and manage your travel money.
Stay on top of your travel funds at home or overseas!
Convenient and easy to carry around, a pre-paid Travel Money card is simply a cash card that you can pre-load with a number of different foreign currencies.
How does it work?
A Travel Money card not only takes the hassle out of carrying cash overseas, but it also allows you to pre-load your foreign currency in advance so you can lock in the exchange rate*.
- Simply buy a card at any of our stores and load it with a foreign currency into a "purse". You'll get the exchange rate available at load-up time*
- If you need more than one foreign currency, load them all on the one card and they will be stored in separate "purses" so you know how much money you have in each currency^
- Use your card overseas at ATMs, at retailers or online. The amount you spend is simply deducted from the currency held on your card, from the "purse" of the currency you are spending
- Re-load your card at any time, and even add more currencies, or transfer money between "purses"^
Carrying large amounts of cash around in a new country can sometimes make you feel a little uncomfortable and not-so-safe.
And, let's face it - travellers cheques went out with the dinosaurs!
That's why Travel Money NZ offers the Multi-currency Cash Passport™ pre-paid travel money card as an alternative option.
It is specifically designed to give you peace of mind when you're travelling, and is super easy to use while you are overseas.
A multi-currency card is safer than cash
- You're not having to carry around wads of cash that make you a target for theft!
- A travel money card is chip and PIN protected
- Get a FREE second back-up card so you have a spare in case you lose your primary card
- Your travel money is not linked to your bank account at home
- 24 hour Global Assistance should you need it while travelling
A multi-currency card is easier to use
- Use it to pay in-store, over the counter, for online shopping or just to withdraw cash from an ATM
- Reload your card with more travel money if you need it - in-store, online or with Bill Payment
- Keep track of your balance and transactions online and through apps
- Lock in your foreign exchange rate on the day you load your money* so if the exchange rates take a dive, you won't lose any of your funds!
The Multi-currency Cash Passport is an unsecured debt security issued by Travelex Card Services Limited, a member of the Travelex Group. Multi-currency Cash Passport is not guaranteed by any member of the Travelex Group or any other entity. Before you make a decision to acquire a Multi-currency Cash Passport card, we recommend you to read the Multi-currency Cash Passport prospectus which is available free of charge from www.cashpassport.co.nz. MasterCard® and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. Before you load or reload foreign currencies onto the MCCP, please check www.cashpassport.co.nz for the latest currencies supported. Any advice does not take into account your personal needs, financial circumstances or objectives and you should consider if it is appropriate for you.
*The prevailing exchange rate is locked in for the initial load value only. Subsequent card reloads will be processed at the then prevailing exchange rate on the day of the reload transaction. ^Check online for available currencies.
Why Travel Money NZ?