Jaw-dropping historical sites, romantic cities, snow-capped mountain peaks, magical Christmas markets, mouth-watering food... Europe has it all and more.
No matter where you're heading in the Euro zone, you'll need to make sure you take enough Euros with you to be able to take it all in.
You only need Euros in Euro zone countries - 19 of the 28 member states of the European Union. So, if you plan to travel to Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia or Spain, then make sure you get your Euros sorted.
Euros are also used by 4 other European countries - Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City, and a number of overseas territories of the EU members.
As you travel throughout the Euro zone, you will be able to use your Euros in each member country without hassle.
Cents & Euros - 1c, 2c, 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c, €1, €2
Euros - €5, €10, €20, €50, €100, €200, €500
How do I get my EUR?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 0800 732 294.
Did you know? EUR Currency Facts
- France was the first country to produce euro coins and is among Europe's biggest user of them. Bravo France!
- The Euro is used by some 7 million Europeans (as of 2015), while 210 million people (as of 2013) use currencies pegged to the euro. That's a LOT of euro's!
- The euro is managed and administered by the Frankfurt-based European Central Bank (ECB)
- The euro was introduced in Lithuania on 1 January 2015 when it became the 19th member of the Euro zone.
- A groove was added to the edge of the 2c euro coin to differentiate it from the 1c and 5c coins. This means that someone that is blind can tell the difference of the coins by feel.
Why exchange with Travel Money NZ