Planning on wine-tasting on Waiheke Island, skiing in Queenstown, bungy jumping from the historic Kawarau Bridge or indulging your inner hobbit with a Lord of the Rings tour in Matamata? No matter what your New Zealand adventure is made up of, we can help you get the best exchange rate! We can also help you instore if you have come back from holiday and want to exchange your holiday money back into Kiwi dollars.
If you have questions about buying or selling NZD, speak to one of our Travel Money Experts instore - we can help you out if you're already on holiday or if you want to get rid of your foreign cash and buy back NZDs.
NZD NZ$ or $
Cents & dollars - 10c, 20c, 50c, $1, $2
Dollars - $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
Did you know? NZD Currency Facts
- In 1992, the image of Queen Elizabeth II was replaced on all but the $20 banknote. The new design featured notable New Zealanders - like Sir Edmund Hillary - and native New Zealand birds and scenery
- Before the currency was named the dollar, names like "kiwi" and "zeal" were suggested. In the currency trading world, the NZD is commonly called the "kiwi" anyway
- All coins still feature the image of the Queen on the front, but on the reverse are images of a bird, a ship, a Maori carving, a mountain and a silver fern
- The 20c coin features the Maori carving image, which is that of an 18th century Maori warrior called Pukaki
- As the 1c, 2c, and 5c coins have been discontinued, purchases made in NZ are rounded up or down as per the Swedish Rounding System
Why exchange with Travel Money NZ
Need to exchange NZD to a foreign currency?
If you have Kiwi dollars and want to exchange them for a foreign currency, we can help you with that too - both in any of our stores, and online.