Crikey! Heading Down Under soon and still need some foreign currency?
You're going to need some Aussie dollars for your Great Barrier Reef visit, surf lessons on the Gold Coast, to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge or anything else you plan to do. Easy as! At Travel Money NZ we can help you get the best AUD exchange rate before you cross the ditch.
Also remember that the AUD is also used on Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Norfolk Island and the Pacific Island states of Kiribati, Nauru and Tuvalu - so if you're going to any of these places, get some Aussie bucks before you go!
If you have more questions about your AUD exchange, speak to one of our Travel Money Experts in any of our 20+ stores across New Zealand.
Or, if you've already sorted your budget - order online whenever you want and pick up your AUD from your closest Travel Money NZ store.
AUD A$ or $
Cents & dollars - 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c, $1, $2
Dollars - $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
How do I get my AUD?
Use our conversion rate calculator or click on the button below to order your currency online in a few easy steps.
Find your nearest store and place your order with a Travel Money Expert.
Click on "Contact Us" to send us an email, or call us on 0800 732 294.
Did you know? AUD Currency Facts
- In 1966, the Australian dollar was introduced - replacing the previously used Australian pound
- The Aussie dollar was initially called the "royal" but the name was not true blue!
- Australia was the first country in the world to have their banknotes made from polymer
- Bronze 1c and 2c coins were removed from circulation in 1992
- They were melted down and used to create the bronze medals awarded in the 2000 Sydney Olympics
Want to see how far your AUD will go? Check out our Australia Travel Money Guide for expert tips and destination costs.
Why exchange with Travel Money NZ